Mode of Study
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Advertising and Design (3+0), in collaboration with University of Sunderland, explores the integration of strategising, conceptualising ideas and creative design conducted within the challenges of today’s competitive advertising industry. Students will be exposed to the various demands of creating and executing advertising campaigns, building their portfolio through modules such as Introduction to Advertising, Advertising the Campaign, and Advertising the Book, and by working towards a final year dissertation to examine advertising or design issues. The programme is fully accredited and assessed by the University of Sunderland, yet fully taught at IACT College, with graduates receiving their certification from University of Sunderland.
Students will be exposed to the various demands of creating and executing advertising campaigns, building their portfolio through modules such as Introduction to Advertising, Advertising the Campaign, and Advertising the Book, and by working towards a final year dissertation to examine advertising or design issues.
This helps students to visualise their big ideas that they will be facilitated with design modules like Graphic Communication and Motion Graphics, which students will get to explore essential design skills through various Adobe software.
Students will be working towards a final year Dissertation to examine advertising or design issue, with their own hypothesis. To help students through this journey of critical analyses, they will be equipped with Research Methodology and Design Theory modules.
• Personal coaching by Creative Directors of international agencies
• Guided tours of international advertising agencies
• Copywriting training by Farrokh Madon, Chief Creative Officer, Y&R Singapore
• Guest speaker, Joseph De Leon, Strategic Planning Director, DraftFCB
• Guest speaker, Icen Wong, Chief Brand Strategist, President and Founder, Brand Labz
• Pass STPM with a minimum of grade C in two subjects and an average CGPA of 2.0
• Pass UEC with a minimum of grade B in five subjects
• Pass Matriculation or Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.0
• Pass SAM or CPU in five subjects with a minimum score of 50%
• Pass Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.0
• Other qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education are considered on a case-by-case basis
• SPM 1119 (GCE-O) – C6
• IELTS – Band 6.0
Applicant must submit a design portfolio based on drawings and sketches, journals, essays, reports and stories, digital and film photographs, digital illustrations using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator or similar software, 3-D Models or Animation.
• Advertising and Promotion Officer
• Art Director
• Brand Strategist
• Business Development Manager
• Campaign Manager
• Client Servicing Manager
• Communications Analyst
• Creative Director
• Graphic Designer
• Head of Digital Marketing
• Marketing Communications Specialist
• Media Planner
• Sales and Marketing Director
• Interaction Strategist
• Channel Activation Director
Creative at Leo Burnett
IACT College Graduate, BA (Hons) Advertising and Design and Diploma in Advertising
I learned to structure my thinking better when it comes to ideation and being involved in the creative process. I liked how the course gave me ample room to explore different creative directions. Upon completing my Diploma at IACT College, I wanted to further my study in Advertising and Design, and this course was what I was looking for. It has nurtured me to where I am today.
Current Student of BA (Hons) Advertising and Design 3+0
This programme teaches you to learn – not by being told how to do something - but by doing it. My classes have taught me to use analytical skills to solve problems more effectively. This type of thought process is necessary when it comes to advertising, and it makes me feel prepared for the advertising industry I want to enter.