Studying in Malaysia
Malaysia is fast emerging as a Centre for high quality education. The Ministry of Higher Education in Malaysia ensures the education systems and standards of educational excellence are meeting international standards, withe the vision of turning Malaysia into a Centre of Excellence for Higher Education.
A cultural melting-pot where several ethic groups live in harmony, Malaysia welcomes all international students from primary to tertiary levels, offering quality education that is more affordable than you may have thought. Besides home-grown schools and universities, Malaysia has world renowned international schools and universities setting up branch campuses in the country to provide world-class education opportunities to both Malaysian and international students.
- Fill up Application Form
– Payment of Application Fee, Registration Fee, Admin Fee, Resource Fee, Medical Insurance, Security Deposit, International Bond Fee and Visa Application Fee
– A copy of full translated academic transcript(s) or certificate(s) in English (if applicable)
– 6 passport-sized colour photographs (white background, 35mm x 45mm)
– 3 full and clear copies of ALL pages of your passport on A4-sized paper (2 passport pages per A4 sheet including all blank pages with no enlargement)*
– Students from China will need 5 full and clear copies of ALL pages of your passport on A4 sized paper (2 passport pages per A4 sheet including all blank pages with no enlargement)*
– 2 letters of recommendation from family or organisational leaders (if applicable)
– Pre-Arrival Medical Examination
– 2 copies of Release letter with attendance and academic records (for applicants who transferred from another institution in Malaysia)
– No-Objection Certificate (NOC) or Letter of Eligibility (LOE) if student is from Iran or Sudan
- Wait for the Offer Letter from the institution
[The College will send your application to Education Malaysia Global Service (EMGS). Processing time: 6 – 8 weeks]
- Pay tuition fee in full
- Make arrangement for accommodation
- Send proof of payment
- Check with the nearest Malaysian Embassy / High Commission if a Single Entry Visa is needed:
– If YES, use the original approval letter as supporting documents for your single entry visa application
– If NO, you can now book your flight to Malaysia (Note: Do NOT book your arrival on a weekend or public holiday).
If your Nationality is NOT listed BELOW, you are required to get a SINGLE ENTRY VISA (SEV) before your travel to Malaysia. Kindly proceed to the nearest local Malaysian Diplomatic Mission (i.e. Malaysian High Commission or Consulate); show them the Student Pass Approval Letter together with other required documents to obtain your Single-Entry Visa (SEV) to be stamped on your passport with the Student Pass Approval Letter “Reference Number” [BVP/STU/XXXXX/XXXXXXXX]. The Student Pass Approval Letter is usually valid for three months from the date of issuance; you must arrive in Malaysia one month prior to the expiry of your Student Pass Approval Letter (VAL).
STUDENTS FROM THE FOLLOWING NON VISA REQUIRED COUNTRIES
TO ENTER MALAYSIA MAY PROCEED TO ENTRY BY PRODUCING
THE ‘VISA APPROVAL LETTER’ (VAL) UPON ENTRY
|ANTIGUA & BERMUDA||AUSTRALIA||BAHAMAS||BARBADOS||BELIZE|
|JAMAICA||KENYA||KIRIBATI GILBERT ISL||LESOTHO||LIENCHESTIEN|
|NETHERLAND||NEW ZEALAND||PAPUA NEW GUINEA||SEYCHELLES||SINGAPORE|
|SOLOMON ISLAND||SOUTH AFRICA||ST KITTS & NEVIS||ST LUCIA||ST MARINO|
|ST VINCENT GRENADINE||SWAZILAND||SWITZERLAND||TANZANIA||TONGA|
|TRINIDAD & TOBAGO||UGANDA||UNITED KINGDOM||VANUATU||WESTERN SAMOA|
STUDENTS FROM THE FOLLOWING VISA REQUIRED COUNTRIES WITHOUT MALAYSIA
REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE ARE PERMITTED TO ENTER WITHOUT VISA. STUDENTS MUST
PRODUCE THE ‘VISA APPROVAL LETTER’ (VAL) UPON ENTRY.
|BURKINA FASO||BURUNDI||CAPE VERDE||CENTRAL AFRICAN REP||CHAD|
|COLOMBIA||COMOROS||CONGO DEMO. REP||CONGO REPUBLIC||COSTA RICA|
|DENMARK||DJIBOUTI||EL SALVADOR||EQUADOR||EQUAT. GUINEA|
|ICELAND||IVORY COAST||YUGOSLAVIA||KYRGYSTAN||KYRGYZ REPUBLIC|
|SAO TOME & PRINCIPE||SLOVAKIA||SLOVENIA||SOMALI||SOMALIA|
|UPPER VOLTA||URUGUAY||VATICAN CITY||WESTERN SAHARA||–|
- Student must inform the college at least 1 week prior to arrival. (Note: A college representative will meet the student at the airport upon arrival and process them through immigration.)
- It is highly recommended that the passport be valid throughout the entire duration of the course.
- If the passport is expiring within one year from the time of application, please apply for a new passport and submit photocopies of ALL pages for both passports.
- Students will be required to undergo a Medical Screening prior to their arrival in Malaysia in addition to the one they do after arrival.
- Students will be requested to do the medical screening and upload the documents after the application has been created by the institution in STARS.
- The VAL issuance will not proceed until the student’s pre-arrival Medical Screening details have been submitted to EMGS. The application will remain in the status “Require Correction” until the medical screening report has been received.
- In addition, all students are REQUIRED to take the vaccines listed in the Health Examination Form. Students are REQUIRED to produce the international certificate of vaccination for verification of information. Without these requirements being fulfilled, the VAL issuance will not proceed.
Scholarships for International Students
IACT Top Achiever’s Scholarship
Programme of Study
• Foundation in Media Studies
• Diploma in Graphic Design
• Diploma in Mass Communication
• Diploma in Marketing and Advertising
• Diploma in Broadcasting
• BA (Hons) Advertising and Design (3+0)
• BA (Hons) Media, Culture and Communication (3+0)
• CAL: BBB
• SAM: >ATAR 80
• CPU: >Agg 80%
• IB: >30 points
• 30% tuition fee waiver
Indonesia – SMA
Bangladesh / Nepal / Pakistan – Higher Secondary Certificate
Any other equivalent qualification
• 75 and above
ASK US ANYTHING
Our student hostel, The Mansion is only a 10-minute walk from KL Sentral, the nation’s main transportation hub. It is within close proximity of restaurants, grocery stores, food courts and banks for convenience of the students. These luxurious condominium units come with a gymnasium and a BBQ area. In addition, they are also fitted with 24-hour CCTV surveillance and security access card system.
291, Jalan Tebing,
Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
“Thanks to IACT College, I had amazing opportunities to develop myself in a multitude of different creative fields and explore topics and subjects that would have otherwise been inaccessible to me on my own.”
Victoriya Titovia (Russia), Graduate of Diploma in Graphic Design
“IACT College made my college life a lot easier. Everyone was helpful and I had many friends who grew with me throughout my creative journey.”
Shogo Kitamura (Japan), Graduate of Diploma in Broadcasting